Friday, December 12, 2008

TOMS - Shoes for Tomorrow

Today, I bought a pair of shoes that are made of 67% hemp and 33% recycled plastic bottles.  Hemp is one of the strongest natural fibers in the world and can easily be grown without the use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers. 

Also, "for every pair of shoes you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of shoes to a child in need.  Since its beginning in May 2006, TOMS has given over 10,000 pairs of shoes to children in Argentina and 50,000 pairs in South Africa through the purchases of our caring customers.  In 2008 TOMS plans to give 200,000 pairs of shoes to children in need around the world." 

Instead of feeling guilty for buying another pair shoes that I definitely don't need, I can look down at my new TOMS and know that I did something positive for the environment and for poverty stricken children. For more information go to www.TOMSshoes.com.

No comments: