Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rattlesnake Guitar Strap

Last summer, my fiance went fishing with his friends.  They didn't have much luck that day.  Instead of catching fish to cook, he brought back a rattlesnake.  It was over 5 feet long with a beautiful diamond pattern.   

This is a guitar strap that I made with the snake skin.  I laced the edges with dark brown leather to match the criss-cross design.  Best of all, I attached the rattle to the end.  He loves to shake it while he plays his guitar.   

We used the meat to make this rattlesnake cake recipe, which was not very good.  Try it at your own risk.

3 comments:

Personal Wine said...

Just a couple of quick notes... the snake was 6ft
he was very mean!
the snake cakes we're great!

but the strap is very cool. i encourage anyone to send cool meaningful stuff to Stacey!

Trent said...

This is such a great guitar strap! Very nice!

RedeemedByDSign said...

Ok! WOW! This strap is fantastic! Beautiful work, Texas Style! LOL!
Sorry, I didn't get to talk with you at the meeting...you really look soo familiar to me...do I know you from somewhere??
Patricia,
Redeemed